Friday, October 15, 2010

The High Price Of Stew

Let me begin this week's update by saying "THANK YOU" to everyone for your prayers, visits, thoughts, and food during Steph's surgery this week. She's done very well, and is very glad to be at home. There will still be a recovery period as she heals and gets her strength back. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.


Also, please be praying for Darthy Chappelle, who is Brenda McCrary and Cindy Starnes' mother. She had a colonoscopy on Wednesday, and her colon was punctured, forcing immediate emergency surgery. She's doing fine now, but please keep her in your prayers. Also, please continue to pray for the family of Jerri Thompson. The graveside service is tomorrow at 3, and visitation is tonight at Gray Brown from 6-8.


As far as Sunday is concerned, let me just say that I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!! This week's message is entitled The High Price Of Stew, and is taken from Genesis 25:29-34. I have to admit that in the past I've read the story of Esau selling his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of stew and thought, "This just doesn't make sense." But recently, God used this story to show me some valuable insights and teach me some important lessons that I'm excited to share with you on Sunday. I hope you'll plan on being here!


Greater things! Why not here? THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments: