Tuesday, November 07, 2006

AWANA Off To Great Start

We experienced another fantastic day at EFBC on Sunday. Our AWANA ministry had an incredibly successful start with 29 children! What a joy to see that many young people here on a Sunday night. Many children who will be coming to AWANA were not able to be here this week, so our numbers could have been even higher. Let's keep praying that this ministry will grow and reach many children and their families for Christ!

Thank you, church, for supporting this ministry.

Bro. Shane

8 comments:

Jeff Brooks / TwoTwenty Ministries said...

Wow! That's exciting.
I don't think there were anywhere near 29 kids there when I was there on the first Sunday morning you used the video projectors.

Donna Dear said...

GO DAWGS!! Sorry to rub it in.

Shane "George" Lambert said...

For those of you who don't know, "my dear family" (Donna Dear) is an MSU graduate. I still consider her a friend despite this blatant misuse of my blog.

Actually, I'm kind of glad the Tide lost. I think this will cause a shake-up in Tuscaloosa that is long overdue. Thank you, Sly Croom!

Jeff Brooks / TwoTwenty Ministries said...

I must ask this question again: who cares if MSU beat another unranked team?

Shane "George" Lambert said...

As much as I hate to admit it, MSU is 3-1 against schools from Alabama. They have wins over UAB, Jacksonville State and UA. Does that mean MSU is that good, or does that mean...? I'd rather not consider that question.

Jeff Brooks / TwoTwenty Ministries said...

Maybe Alabama should schedule UAB and JSU...

Shane "George" Lambert said...

That's not a bad idea. Based on recent performances, I'd say they would do well to drop out of the SEC and join the OVC with Jax State. I would say they should join Conference USA, but I'm not sure they're up to that level of competition right now.

Jeff Brooks / TwoTwenty Ministries said...

Well...I did nominate Shula for SEC Coach of the Year.