Monday, May 14, 2007

God's Blessings

We had a great time during revival services last week. Bro. Mike Owens did an outstanding job preaching just the kind of messages we were in need of hearing. It was a time of refreshing, renewal and encouragement for me. One of the best parts of the week was on Tuesday night when people all over our sanctuary stood to give testimonies about Eulaton First Baptist. It was a great reminder of all the things that are right in our church.

Mother's Day at EFBC was also a tremendous blessing. Our crowd was great and the baby and child dedication was, as always, a precious time in the life of our church. We've got some beautiful little ones here at Eulaton. It was also wonderful to be able to honor mothers, and we had a lot of them in attendance yesterday. I hope you all had a fabulous day.

Another blessing I want to mention for those who don't know: Stephanie and I were granted temporary custody of Shane, Justin and Morgan last week. A court date will be set for late June or early July to consider where the children will be placed on a more permanent basis. Until then, they are ours legally and hopefully will continue to be for as long as we all shall live. Please be in prayer about this, and we will keep you posted about what's going on.

One more thing: Have you read The Lambert Commentary yet? This is a new blog I've started to express my opinions on things that are going on in the world. You may not agree with me on everything, and that's OK. My goal is just to get people thinking. All I ask is that you read it with an open mind, and let me know what you think in the "Comments" section of the blog. I'll publish your comments whether you agree with me or if you want to bite my head off. Just keep it clean and respectful; that's all I ask. You can access this blog by clicking the link on the right.

As was mentioned Sunday, we have a very important regular business meeting this Wednesday night. If you want to have a say in some pretty big decisions in the life of our church, I urge you to be here for this meeting at 6 p.m. I hope to see you here.

No comments: