Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Who's Ready For September?

OK, is anybody else besides me stoked about what God is doing in our church? We've been experiencing some incredible things, and I truly believe that we've only seen a small glimpse of what He has in store for us. August was an amazing month. We finished up the What Would It Look Like If… series and followed that with an incredible Sunday as we talked about Christ For Clunkers. God has truly been moving in our services, and I can't wait to see what He's got in store for us in September.

Knowing what God is doing in our church corporately, let me take just a moment and get personal with a few probing questions: What is God doing in your life? How's your personal walk with God? Are you excited about what He's doing in our church? Do you have a fervent desire in your heart to see fires of renewal and revival burn white hot in our church and sweep across our community? Are your attitudes and the things you are doing (or not doing) helping or hindering the movement of God in our midst?

I realize these are some very personal, probing questions, but I believe that it's always appropriate to look within and see if there's anything in us that needs to change. David prayed in Psalm 139:23-24:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (NIV)

I believe that should be our prayer, as well. God is definitely up to something B-I-G at E-F-B-C! Let's make sure that we've prepared ourselves for what He wants to do in us and through us.

And let's get ready; cause the best is yet to come!

No comments: