Friday, August 28, 2009

What's God Going To Do Next?

Did anybody else notice how many people were here Wednesday night? WOW! I don't think I've ever seen so much excitement about church in the seven years I've been at Eulaton. Is our God not AWESOME?!?! I truly believe we are on the verge of an incredible and unusual movement of the Spirit that will be unexplainable to anyone who doesn't know my God.

I hope you will come to worship this Sunday with a sense of expectation. Let's come in expecting God to show up in a BIG way. Let's remember the words of David that we looked at in last Sunday night's message: I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory (Ps 63:2). I think we should come into the sanctuary EVERY Sunday looking to see God's power and glory! And I believe that the more people who are expecting great things, the more great things He is going to do.

The last two weeks we've been using cars as an illustration: first with Christ For Clunkers and then last week with Take It For A Spin. This Sunday morning we're going to continue the "car" analogy and the title of my message is Keep It Serviced. We're going to talk about how to keep your new creation purring like a kitten. I hope you'll be here and invite somebody else to come, too! I promise you that the Gospel will be shared in the message.

Sunday night is going to be exciting as we are hosting a fifth Sunday singing here at EFBC. West Park Heights and Ruhama Baptist Church will be joining us, and possibly even another church. It's going to be a glorious night, and I believe it will be a service to be remembered for a long time to come. We need folks who can to please bring some side items that will go well with our Boston Butts that we'll be having. Things like cole slaw, baked beans, chips, etc.

OK, now I'm hungry! Aubrey is the man when it comes to barbecue (and food in general). I can already smell it and taste it!

That's about it for now. I'm just eagerly anticipating Sunday. Come expecting God to do great things. Come expecting lives to be changed. Come expecting the fires of renewal and revival to be all consuming. And come remembering that as good as things have been, the best is still yet to come!

No comments: