Friday, October 09, 2009

God Is So Good!

By now most of you have probably heard about the news we got late yesterday afternoon: the judge's ruling went our way concerning the children! Praise God!!! He is so good. He would still be good even if the ruling had went the other way, and He would still be just as worthy of our praise. However, this morning we are rejoicing in the fact that we're going to get to keep our children! Hopefully the adoption will be done very quickly!

That's not all that has me excited on this Friday morning, though. As usual, I'm looking forward to Sunday at Eulaton with eager anticipation! I'll be beginning a new series of messages entitled Show Me The Proof. These messages will be answers for the skeptics who question the validity of our faith. We'll look at some of the convincing proofs that there really IS a God, that He really DOES have a Son named Jesus, that He really DID come into this world as a man and die for our sins, and that He really DID rise again.

Being a Christian doesn't mean you have to check your brains at the door when you come to worship. There is overwhelming evidence that you can demonstrate for the skeptics to prove to them that the faith you have is neither unreasonable nor unintelligent. Some people see Christians as being "simple" and "weak-minded" because we place our faith in a God we have never seen. Well, I've never seen my brain either, but I know that I have one and I'm really glad that it's there (otherwise I wouldn't be able to type this message).

By the way, some of the most brilliant people who have ever lived have been Christians: Nicolaus Copernicus, Louis Pasteur, Isaac Newton, Max Planck, Johannes Kepler, and Blaise Pascal all professed faith in Christ. Modern-day Christian thinkers include men like Dr. William Lane Craig, Dr. Gary Habermas, Dr. William A. Dembski, and Oxford University professor Dr. John Lennox. All are proof that being an intellectual and following Christ are not mutually exclusive.

This Sunday's first message in the new series is entitled Something Out Of Nothing. We'll be talking about how God created everything out of nothing. And we'll talk about the fact that the same God who created something out of nothing does the same thing with us. I don't know about you, but I know that my life was meaningless until Jesus found me and saved me. I'm incredibly excited about beginning this new series, and I hope you will be, too!

For some time now I've been repeating the words of Psalm 63:2: I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Well, today I thought I would share with you what verse 1 says: O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.

Are you thirsty for God? Are you longing for His presence in a dry and thirsty land? Why not seek Him early this Sunday in the sanctuary, and come in expecting to see His power and glory? Why not seek Him right now, right where you are? He loves us! He wants to bless us! He wants to do wonderful things in our midst! But He's waiting on us to seek Him. Deut 4:29 says, You will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Let's seek Him with all our heart and soul; and let's prepare ourselves, because the best is yet to come!

No comments: