Friday, October 02, 2009

Life After Swine Flu

The pig has left the building! Or in other words, the swine flu has run its course at the Lambert household. Praise God!!! It's been a tough week, but things are slowly getting back to normal after the flu hit us hard. I'm sorry I didn't have a post last week, as I know many of you have commented on how much you've been enjoying these. Let's just say...I didn't have the strength to even sit upright for a few minutes at my computer keyboard.

The hardest part of the whole thing was missing out on Sunday worship. There's nothing I look forward to more these days than Sundays at EFBC. I was so pumped for the conclusion of my series Messages For Messed Up People, and it was such a let down not to be there. However, now that the pig is gone, I'm more stoked than ever before about what God has in store for us this Sunday at Eulaton. And by the way, I want to thank Koy and Donnie for stepping up to the plate and doing an incredible job in my absence. We are so blessed at EFBC!

This Sunday's message that was supposed to be last Sunday's message is entitled Messed Up And Hopeless. That pretty well describes the life of every person on the planet who has yet to trust Jesus as their Savior. Fortunately, for those of us who know Christ, we may still be messed up but we are by no means hopeless! I'm so thankful that my hope is in Him, and not in me or you or Obama or anybody else. Hope for the Christian is not something we wish would happen; it's something we KNOW will happen!

And that is why I can't wait to get together as the church this Sunday and lift high the name that is above all names: the name of JESUS!!! Remember this verse from two weeks ago?

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Ps 42:2 NIV)

Well, you can meet with Him right now, right where you are. And then, you can come together with others as the church to corporately meet with Him this Sunday morning. Let's come expecting God to do great things. Let's come expecting to see His power and glory. And let's come ready to submit to His will, no matter what He calls us to do.

Sunday's going to be awesome at Eulaton, and I hope you'll be with us. The good was yesterday. The better has come. And the best is yet to come!

No comments: