Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas And Beyond

Good morning, everyone! Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start. This is an early edition of my weekly Sunday Preview, and since it's only mid-week I thought I'd throw in a Wednesday Night Preview for good measure.

I hope everyone can be here tonight as we celebrate the Lord's Supper by candlelight. We'll begin the service tonight with a message entitled Joy To The World, The Lord Is Coming Again. Then, we'll partake of the Lord's Supper as we remember the first time Christ came to earth and look forward to the day when He comes again.

Our children and youth will have their regular services tonight, as well. If the weather permits, the children will be going on a hayride this evening (so be sure to dress warmly). Also, don't forget we'll have supper available beginning at 5:30. The menu for tonight is chicken fingers and French fries.

Looking beyond Christmas to Sunday, I'm really excited about what God has in store for us this weekend at EFBC! Sunday morning one of my best friends in the whole world will be with us and will share a powerful message that you will never forget. His name is Johnny Carr, and his story is one that will challenge you while making you both laugh and cry. I'm incredibly pumped to have him here with us this weekend, and I can't wait to see what God's going to do!

I hope you'll plan on being here Sunday and that you'll come expecting great and awesome things! Remember Psalm 63:2 that says, I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. So many people come to church looking to be entertained. It's almost as if they come in, sit down, fold their arms and say, "Well, bless me if you can." But if we'll all come together this Sunday looking to see His power and glory, I believe God will blow us away with His presence!

I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas. I hope everyone will come Sunday expecting God to show up. And I hope everyone will get excited about what God has in store for the New Year because there's no doubt in my mind that THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments: