Friday, December 18, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Good morning everyone! Hope everybody's staying dry on this cold, rainy Friday morning. I realize after the severe drought we had not too long ago that we should be thankful for all the rain we've had recently, but today I'm sincerely hoping and praying that the rain will go away for at least 48 hours. Our Christmas Experience looks to be in serious jeopardy for tonight, as the field behind the pastorium currently looks like a small lake.

Should we have to cancel tonight, I'm still holding out hope for tomorrow. We'll make a decision about tonight by 2 p.m. today and we'll get out an email and also have it on the church answering machine. Let's all pray that we can have at least one more night of this powerful dramatization of the life of Christ. (By the way, we will NOT be doing the nativity on Sunday night as was previously talked about. Too many people have other obligations that night. Sunday night will be our regular schedule here at EFBC.)

I hope everyone is planning on being at EFBC this Sunday as we celebrate the birth of Jesus with our children's musical entitled The Perfect Gift. Our kids have been working on this for months, and I know it is going to be a blessing. I'm really looking forward to what God has in store for us this Sunday at Eulaton!

And speaking of our children, did anybody hear about Wednesday night's Birthday Party For Jesus? We had 58 kids here, and several made decisions to trust Jesus as their Savior! And that's not counting all of the youth and adults who were here on Wednesday night, as well. Our Wednesday night ministries have EXPLODED over the past twelve months, and all I can say is, "It's a God thing!"

It's truly exciting (and quite humbling, I might add) to see what's happening here. All I know for sure is that it sure ain't me (pardon my bad English). I know God is using some very dedicated and sold-out people in a powerful way, but ultimately, what's going on at EFBC is only contributable to the powerful work of the Holy Spirit. I hope you'll all savor what's happening right now, and truly appreciate what a special moment this is to be right in the center of a powerful movement of God.

Two more quick items to mention before I close: First of all, don't forget that Angel Tree gifts are due this Sunday. Second, keep in mind that this Sunday we'll be collecting our Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for international missions. Please be praying about what God would have you give to this important special offering.

Christmas is upon us! The Lord has come! He's coming again! And that is why I know that the best is yet to come!

No comments: