Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm Excited

After many years of driving to Birmingham or Douglasville, LifeWay Christian Stores have finally opened a store right here in Calhoun County. I was privileged to attend the store's dedication and a pastor's prayer service this morning at the new bookstore. It is exciting to know that we now have this valuable resource right here in our own backyard. The LifeWay Store is located at the new Oxford Exchange, not too far from Target. Let me encourage you to visit the store this weekend if you get a chance to.

Something else that I am excited about is the premiere in one week of the Sherwood Pictures film Facing The Giants. This movie was created by the same people who brought us Flywheel, a movie that touched many of our church members last year. Facing The Giants opens up in more than 400 theaters across the country on Friday, September 29, including the AmStar theater in the Quintard Mall.

Let me encourage you to not only go and see this film, but go and see it on the opening weekend. Movie theaters look at box office receipts after the opening weekend and that goes a long way in determining how long a particular film will run in that theater. I'm praying that Facing The Giants will far exceed expectations in ticket sales, and more importantly, in changed lives. We've seen how God can use motion pictures with The Passion Of The Christ, and I believe God will use this movie, as well. Why not take a friend who doesn't know the Lord? With a topic like high school football, it shouldn't be hard to get Alabamians interested in this movie. Visit the film's website at www.facingthegiants.com.

One more thing I'm excited about is this Sunday. After two wonderful Sundays and four baptisms in the past two weeks, I can't wait to see what God is going to do this week. I hope to see you here.

Bro. Shane

2 comments:

Jeff Brooks / TwoTwenty Ministries said...

I am boycotting the new LifeWay store. They would not let me get my picture made with Bob and Larry on Saturday. They gave me some lame excuse about some age requirement and then had the audacity to tell me to grow up!

Shane "George" Lambert said...

Jeff, knowing that they told you to grow up makes me feel even better about having that store in Calhoun County.

Seriously, though, I do understand how upset you must have been when they refused to let you have your picture made with Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. Those guys are great!