Thursday, August 06, 2009

A Challenge For Sunday

I am incredibily PUMPED about the next two Sundays here at Eulaton First Baptist. This Sunday will be the final message in our series What Would It Look Like If... and I can't wait to stand before you and preach! In preparation for this Sunday, I have a challenge for you:

I want to ask everybody who reads this to be thinking about the people you know who need Jesus. When you come to church this Sunday, I want you to come with that person or those persons in your mind and on your heart. I want you to be thinking about them while I am preaching. And then I want to ask you to commit to doing whatever God lays on your heart this Sunday.

If you will take this challenge seriously, I truly believe that the following Sunday (August 16) will be one to remember in the history of EFBC. If very few people or nobody takes this challenge seriously, then the best we can expect is to maintain the status quo. I don't know about you, but I seriously want to see God show up, and show up in a BIG WAY! Let's make history. Or more appropriately, let's let God use us so that He can make history in the Eulaton community.

Please try to get this message out to those who don't have Internet access. I want as many people as possible to come to church Sunday prepared to see this challenge through.

Are you ready? I hope so, because God is up to something HUGE and He wants you to be a part of it. Hold on tight, because the best is yet to come!

No comments: