Friday, May 07, 2010

Nueve de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo was a great day for me, and it had nothing to do with eating Mexican food (which I love, but can't have because it makes me larger than I already am). The reason it was a great day was because it fell on a Wednesday, and Wednesdays seem to be getting better and better lately! It was a great night here at EFBC as we had some 75 children and 34 teenagers in attendance. I know it's not just about the numbers, but let's never forget that every number represents a soul!

After a great Cinco de Mayo, I'm now looking forward to an even better Nueve de Mayo (that's "May the 9th" for the layperson). It's Mother's Day this Sunday, and I'm out of my mind excited about what God has in store for us this weekend at EFBC! In fact, He's changed my message again, just like He did two weeks ago! I was planning on finishing up the Why Not Here series on Sunday, but God's had me put that message on the back burner.

One of the things that I'm excited about for this Mother's Day is that we're expecting a lot of visitors on Sunday! This could be even bigger than Easter, and I have no doubt that's why God changed my message. With the potential of having numerous people here who don't know Jesus, I'm going to be preaching a message that will have a major focus on the Gospel.

I try to make sure that every week, no matter what I'm preaching on, it all comes back to the cross. And this week, I want people to thoroughly examine themselves to determine if they really have a genuine, saving faith in Christ or just a counterfeit faith that's focused on good works and not Jesus. The title of the message is A Legacy Of Faith, and we'll be looking at 2 Timothy 1:5.

Please do everything you can to GET PEOPLE HERE! We can't save anybody; that's not our job. God's called us to be in advertising, not in sales. We can share the message with them, and we can bring them to church to hear the Gospel, but ultimately it's up to the Holy Spirit to close the deal.

So let's be investing in people. Let's be sharing with them the story of Jesus. Let's be inviting them to come and hear a message of hope. And let's be praying that God will work in their hearts and they'll come to a genuine, saving faith in Christ!

Greater things are still to be done in this county, this city, this community, and this church! THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

No comments: