Friday, May 14, 2010

Why Not...One More Time

So I'm super-pumped about this Sunday, because I'm finally going to get the chance to finish our Why Not Here? series. This four-week series that has taken six weeks is one that I feel is incredibly important. And now that I've had an extra week to let this Sunday's message marinate, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

Sunday's message will be taken from Isaiah 43:16-20. God wants to do new and greater things...why not here? The only question is: are we prepared for what He wants to do? I believe our church is more ready now for an amazing movement of the Holy Spirit than we've ever been in the eight years I've been here. I'm so excited about the future of EFBC that I can hardly contain it!

Having said all of that, let me remind everyone that when God starts working like He has been in Eulaton, you can be sure that Satan is going to start working overtime. Let's resolve that we're not going to let the devil get a foothold in our lives and in our church. He would love nothing more than to tear down what God is trying to build up right here.

I know there are some folks in our church who are really going through the fire right now, and I know that there are people in our community who are, as well. When trying times come, we can see them as a chance to be bitter, or we can see them as an opportunity to let God mold us and make us better. Let's resolve to choose the latter!

Some of you may have heard that Lisa Tucker's vehicle was broken into on Wednesday night in the church parking lot. They busted out her window, stole her purse and her coat. This thief stole not only material possessions, but also precious items like photographs that you can't put a price tag on. Please pray that the perpetrator will be caught and that Lisa can get back what is rightfully hers.

And please be sure to lock your cars and bring your purses and other valuable items into church with you. We're going to take steps to see that this doesn't happen again, but it never hurts to be extra vigilant. I learned a valuable lesson Wednesday night: I had an ipod sitting in plain sight in my truck and the doors were both unlocked. It could just as easily have been me!

As horrible as this crime was, it pales in comparison to what Satan is trying to do in so many homes in our community. Jesus said that the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy, and that's exactly what the devil is doing. He's wreaking havoc in so many places. He's not happy about the way God's moving in Eulaton. He's on the warpath right now!

But never forget that greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4). I believe God's got something incredible in store for our church! I still believe we can see Acts 2:47 happen at 1835 Gate 8 Road! The thought of that many people being saved on a regular basis in Eulaton, Alabama gives me chill bumps on top of my chill bumps! And it would really send Satan over the edge, too! Let's keep praying and believing that God will do that right here!

Greater things are still to be done...WHY NOT HERE? The best is yet to come!

No comments: