Friday, June 18, 2010

A Tale Of Two Fathers

It was so great to be back with my church family on Sunday! Vacation was wonderful, but getting back to worshipping with EFBC was even better. I had a blast preaching last Sunday!

Now as we look forward to Father's Day, I have to say that I'm incredibly excited about the message God has given me for Sunday. I'll be sharing a sermon entitled A Tale Of Two Fathers, and we'll be looking at 1 Samuel 1-2 if you want to read ahead. In these two chapters, we see two very different fathers. One had a son who became well known for his faith. The other had two sons that brought shame on the priesthood and the ministry of the temple. Looking at the good, and not so good in these stories, we'll learn seven lessons about being a good father.

Come to worship Sunday expecting God to do great things in our midst! I know this world we're living in seems dark and dry. I know we're living in troubled times. But let's remember the words of David in Psalm 63:1-2:

O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. (NKJ)

Let's come together this Sunday expecting to see His power and His glory! Let's come together this Sunday expecting lives to be changed! And let's come together this Sunday expecting God to do greater things!

I know I say it all the time, and I know it probably sounds cliché by now, but I really do mean it every week when I say that, "THE BEST IS YET TO COME!"

No comments: