Friday, April 15, 2011

Audacious Prayers

Have you ever prayed a prayer that was audacious? I was blown away recently by the audacity of a prayer that Joshua prayed. I've known this story for a long time, but when I got to really considering just what he asked for, I was kind of overwhelmed. When I saw the bigness of his request, and that God actually granted it, it made me realize just how small my prayers really are.

The sermon this Sunday is entitled Audacious Prayers, and we'll be looking at Joshua 10:6-14. If you're reading ahead, it would help if you go back and read all of chapter 9 and the first five verses of chapter 10 to get some important background information. Then, when you get into this week's text, pay careful attention to what Joshua prays for in verse 12. God's answer follows immediately in verse 13. It's one of the most audacious prayers ever prayed, and the result is one of the most amazing miracles the world has ever seen!

This Sunday is Palm Sunday. That means we're one week away from Easter. We've already talked about going fishing for Easter, and I'm praying that the results will be MIND BLOWING! I've made up my mind that I'm going to be praying audacious prayers for God to do something ASTOUNDING on resurrection day! I hope you'll join with me in asking God to do something HUGE right here at 1835 Gate 8 Road!

Let's face it, folks: We've already seen God doing incredible things here. We've seen a miracle take place with our Wednesday night ministries. We've seen more baptisms than this church has seen in decades. We've seen God doing more than we could have ever imagined. And yet, I have no doubt that He wants to do more! Second Peter says God's not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Until we've seen every soul saved in this community, I believe God wants greater things for Eulaton First Baptist Church!

With Easter Sunday coming up, I'm asking you to join with me in praying audacious prayers. Pray that God will send so many people that we'll be busting at the seams! Pray that the seed of the gospel will find fertile ground in the hearts of the lost and that multitudes will be saved! Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit like we've never seen before! And pray for God to do the impossible!

Church, I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it: The best is yet to come, and we ain't seen nothin' yet!

No comments: