Friday, April 22, 2011

Will The Sun Stand Still?

Last Sunday at EFBC, we talked about how Joshua prayed an audacious prayer, asking God to make the sun stand still...and God answered his prayer! On Monday, just 24 hours after preaching that message, I read this quote from Francis Chan: "If we never pray audacious prayers, how can He answer them?" Could it be that the reason we don't see even greater, more miraculous things than we've already seen, is because our prayers aren't audacious enough?

This week, I've been praying HUGE prayers for this Sunday at EFBC! I'm praying that we'll see "sun stand still" kind of miracles right here at the end of Gate 8 Road. I hope you're praying those kind of BIG prayers, as well. If you haven't already, let me ask you to please start praying right now for Easter at EFBC.

We'll begin the day with a sunrise service at 6 a.m. That will be followed by Sunday School and morning worship, both at their regular times. There will be no Sunday night service this week.

At the 10 o'clock service, I'll be preaching a sermon entitled The Best News. In case you're wondering, this will be a straightforward gospel message taken from the resurrection chapter...1 Corinthians 15. I'm praying for a packed out church building, and I'm praying for a multitude to be saved!

Besides praying, however, I'm also inviting people. I hope you are, too! This may be the best opportunity you have all year long to get your family and/or friends to attend a church service. Do your best to GET THEM HERE!!!

One more thing I wanted to mention this morning: If you or your family haven't yet had your picture made for our self-published church directory, we'll be doing that one more time this Sunday. This will be your last chance to be a part of this, so please help us make this directory complete.

Christ is risen, He's still answering audacious prayers, and He's coming again! The best is yet to come, and you ain't seen nothin' yet!

No comments: