Thursday, April 22, 2010

This Sunday at Eulaton...HUGE!

I know I probably keep sounding like a broken record week after week, but can I just say again that I am crazy excited abut this Sunday at EFBC? We're having a Get Acquainted Fun Day, and we're expecting really big things! One reason I believe God has something HUGE in store for us this Sunday is because He's changed my message in the last 24 hours. I was planning on continuing our Why Not Here? series, but God's pretty much told me that we need to put that on hold for a week.

So...my message for Sunday is entitled The Scariest Verses, and we'll be looking in God's Word at Matthew 7:21-23. These are, in my opinion, the scariest verses in the Bible. How many people sit in church week after week, thinking they're all right with God, having no idea that they're headed for an eternity in a place called Hell? According to Jesus, it's a pretty big number, and there's gonna be a lot of surprised people in the day of judgment.

With that in mind, I'm praying that this Sunday God will fill our church with people who need Jesus. Some of them might be people who haven't set foot in church in years, if ever. Some of them might be people that you sit next to week after week who've been faithful attendees for as long as you can remember. Truth is, the faithful attendee who doesn't know Christ is just as lost as the person who's never set foot in a church. I think God's calling us to reach both groups of people. Maybe this Sunday we'll see many of them cross over from death to life. Be praying!

This Sunday is the perfect time to invite your friends and family members to Eulaton. With it being our bi-annual fun day, you can let them know that we'll be having lunch after church (can anyone say fried chicken?), as well as fun and games after lunch. I believe this will be the year we revive the big softball match-up out in the field. It should be a lot of fun.

Let me remind our members that Sunday's lunch is a potluck meal. Please bring as much food as you can this weekend. The church is going to be purchasing 200 pieces of chicken from Wal-mart, but this will not nearly be enough food. We need as many folks as are able to bring side items and dessert. And maybe even some more fried chicken, as well; you can never have enough of the good stuff!

I realize that most of our folks usually dress casual anyway, but for those few who don't, this might be the Sunday you want to give it a try. Besides, softball and horseshoes are no fun in a dress or tie.

Oh, and one more thing. If you get people here this Sunday, I promise you they're going to hear the Gospel! God's burned a message into my heart that I can't wait to share, and I'm praying for changed lives and for Hell to be less populated after we're through!

Let's pray for God to do HUGE things at EFBC this Sunday! Let's come expecting God to show up in a HUGE way! Let's worship Him like the HUGE God that He is! And let's never forget that the best is yet to come!

No comments: