Friday, April 30, 2010

Why Not Here; Why Not Now?

OK, so this past Sunday was probably my favorite day at EFBC since I came here nearly eight years ago! What an incredible celebration of Jesus and the lives He has changed (and continues to change)! Great to see five more baptized Sunday! It was really cool to have somebody saved in the service and baptized like five minutes later! AWESOME!

So what's next? I'm not really sure, but I can't wait to see what God has in store. This Sunday we'll jump back into our Why Not Here? series with a message from Isaiah 54:1-4. I realize we just covered these verses on a Sunday night in February, but this will be a very different message. And I'm sure it will come as no surprise, but I'M REALLY PUMPED ABOUT IT!

By the way, if you've got friends you've been investing in, please try to get them here Sunday! Although this series has primarily been focused on the church, this Sunday's message will close with a strong tie in to the Gospel. So invest, invite, and leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit.

Don't forget Sunday night we'll have a deacon ordination service for Greg Cupp. The service will be at 6 p.m., and there will be an ordaining council for any ordained men in the church at 5 p.m. I hope you'll plan on being here for this important moment in Greg's life. Ordination services are, for me, always very moving and emotional. This one should be no different.

That's about all for now. Hope to see a packed house this Sunday at EFBC! Hope to see lives changed and eternities altered this Sunday at EFBC! Hope to see God show up in a HUGE way once again this Sunday at EFBC!

Why not here? Why not now? The best is yet to come!

No comments: