Friday, July 09, 2010

I'd Rather Not Talk About...

Is anybody besides me excited about what God is doing and is going to do here at EFBC! I'm more pumped now than I've ever been! And with Sunday morning worship now just a little over 48 hours away, my intensity level is rising by the minute!

I'm super excited about this Sunday because I'll be starting a new sermon series entitled I'd Rather Not Talk About..., and I believe it's going to be AWESOME! You know how there's certain things that most people tend to not want to talk about? Well, guess what? We're going to talk about them! Week one's message is entitled I'd Rather Not Talk About Hell, and the scripture we'll be looking at is Luke 16:19-31. If you've got friends or family that don't know Jesus, do your best to GET THEM HERE this Sunday!

One other thing that's brought my excitement level through the roof is we're now just a few days away from Vacation Bible School! Saddle Ridge Ranch starts on Monday, and I can't wait to see how God's going to work through this year's VBS! I believe God's got HUGE things in store for us this year! Don't forget that tomorrow we'll be decorating beginning at 9 a.m. We'd love to have your help!

Sunday night we'll be talking about Saddle Ridge Ranch in our evening worship service. I'll be sharing about the things our kids are going to be learning next week. We'll also have a special time to pray for Bible School, the workers and the children they'll be leading. We could have the best planned, best staffed, and best decorated VBS in the country, but without prayer it would be a disaster. Please commit to pray for Bible School!

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (NIV)

God's got greater things in store for us! I hope you're ready, 'cause THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments: