Thursday, May 25, 2006

WOW!

Well, its Thursday morning and I am still in the clouds after the service we had here last night. Our One Night Revival with David Ring was just what the name implied it would be: a revival. I think that was exactly the kind of wake-up call we all needed, and I thank God for His presence in this place.

I don't know that I've ever been in a service where I've seen the pews empty during the invitation like they did last night. It was an awesome sight! I can't speak for anyone else, but I felt a wide range of emotions during the message: laughter, tears, encouragement, conviction. Those are just a few of the words that come to mind.

One thing that most of you may not know is that after the service, Koy had a chance to lead a young lady to the Lord in the prayer room. I believe there will be others who will come to know the Lord in the coming days and weeks as a result of God's presence in the service last night. Some people will continue to feel the convicting power of the Holy Spirit and eventually will be saved. Christians will be more motivated to share their faith with friends and loved ones and so we'll hopefully see others saved through their testimony.

I said it last night and I'll say it again: I'll take a service like that over American Idol any day of the week. I'd much rather be in God's house with God's people, feeling God's presence and seeing people saved and revived than sitting in front of the T.V. watching a singing competition.

And speaking of singing, last night was incredible. Our choir sounded better than I've ever heard them before. You guys nearly blew the roof off the place! The praise and worship time was wonderful, and Stephanie's song was beautiful and went right along with David's testimony. All in all, it was a glorious service and it was obvious that God was in this place.

If the Lord lit a fire in your heart last night, let me encourage you to not let that flame die down. Determine that you are going to have a daily quiet time with God, talking to Him and letting Him talk to you through His Word. Commit to serving the Lord with a passion, and decide today that complacency and excuses are no longer an option. Remember what David said to us last night, "If God can use me, God can use you. Your excuse just left the building."

All I can say now is, "I can't wait for Sunday!"

Bro. Shane

No comments: